Thursday, June 3, 2010

Two Guys Grille

Hi,

My name is Jennifer and I'm a new contributor to this blog. I live in Wilmington and my son was recently diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. We still use things processed in the same facility with gluten products and eat in restaurants where there may not be a dedicated grill or fryer for gluten free items. For now.  I do not recommend this for people with Celiac Disease.

Today was the last day of school so I took the kids to their favorite restaurant - Two Guys Grille.

I emailed Two Guys a few days ago to find out if their fries are gluten free. Good news! The sweet potato fries are gluten free. The fat and skinny are not, but the sweet potato ones are the best anyway so we're happy. They also said that each restaurant cleans out their fryer on Mondays, so some people with allergies/sensitivities come early in the week.

I looked at the Kids Menu online and I thought the Doodlebug was a hot dog, but it's a corn dog. The other option was a hamburger without a bun. He settled on sweet potato fries and sharing my salad, which is probably better than many restaurant meals he's had in the past.

They have good salads and great Philly sandwiches that you can get without bread. Our waitress was happy to check on ingredients for us.

They have several locations and most of them have an outdoor seating area.

You can find locations and menus here.

Enjoy!


No comments: