Thursday, September 9, 2010

K38 Baja Grill

Last night I ate at K38 Baja Grill on Oleander Drive, Wilmington. This is a small Mexican-themed restaurant featuring fresh homemade soft corn tortillas. The manager and waitress were knowledgeable about food allergies and sensitive to my gluten intolerance. On Wednesdays there are $1.50 hard shell tacos (they couldn’t verify that these were GF) and $2.50(vegetarian)/$3.00(meat) soft shell homemade tacos (GF). I ordered a black bean taco and a chicken. Their special taco sauce was GF as well (the waitress pulled out the ingredient list right there at the table) and wow were these delicious! Unfortunately, the taco chips on the table were not GF but I was still so grateful for the staff’s diligence and awareness to my allergy and the quality of the food. I will definitely dine here again!

For more information:

K38 BAJA GRILL

5410 Oleander Dr.

Wilmington, NC 28403

910.395.6040

http://www.liveeatsurf.com

Happy eating,

Nina

1 comment:

Nina said...

*I need to add that you must specify that you want the home made corn tortillas. They also have pre-made flour ones which you do NOT want.