Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mama Fu's

I’d like to share with you some other restaurants that I have eaten at safely and deliciously. My all time favorite restaurant since becoming GF is P.F. Changs. They have an extensive GF menu and knowledgeable well-trained wait staff. Unfortunately, there isn’t one in Wilmington (the closest is in Myrtle Beach, SC, if you’re up for the drive, and another in Raleigh, NC). However, Mama Fu’s in Mayfair has similar menu items (though not as extensive of a GF Menu). My favorite dish to get there is the steam bowl with chicken and either white or brown rice. They have a red chili sauce that is GF and delicious that you can order on the side. If I remember, I’ll bring my own GF soy sauce. The meal is healthy, affordable, and delicious. I’ve also had the veggie spring rolls (they use rice paper) which were good as well. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable and I always have a positive experience there. The corporate website offers a larger gluten free menu although I think this is new and not yet implemented in all of their restaurant branches.

For more information:

Mama Fu’s Wilmington

941 International Drive

Wilmington, NC 28405

910. 256.2620

www.mamafus.com

Happy eating,

Nina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi - I am new to the GF lifestyle, being recently diagnosed. But I found out that 17th St Deli in Downtown offers GF bread (N-ergy). When I went there, they said they were ready to take it off the menu because people weren't ordering it. I told them I would help get the word out...

Thanks for providing this great resource! jc